What are the rights of electricity consumers?
- Hits: 2797
The Electricity Consumers have a:
- Right to have electricity upon application
- Right to have a meter to measure his/her supply
- Right to a refund when over billed
- Right to properly installed working meter
- Right to log complaints when dissatisfied
- Right to information on scheduled power interruptions.
- Right to transparent billing
- Right to due process prior to disconnection of electric service
- Right to be notified prior to disconnection
- Right to reconnection of electricity supply after disconnection upon payment.
- Right to file complaints before ERA/Electricity Disputes Tribunal or other courts of law.