What are the main compliance requirements under the Regulations?
- Hits: 76
- Licensees to ensure that connections are made within the standard quality of service timelines,
- Interruptions to electricity supply (outages) should be in line with the quality of service standards,
- Licensees are required to maintain agreement with all consumers, provide required information and maintain telephone hotlines running twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week,
- Licensees may only disconnect electricity between the hours of 8.00am and 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday except in emergency situations,
- Treatment of customer deposits by Licensees- they may be invested in accordance with investment policy approved by the Authority, customer deposits to be refunded upon disconnection,
- Licensees to issue bills on a monthly basis.