Are the Guidelines relevant, what is the purpose?
- Hits: 3712
The Guidelines are essential in addressing the problem of short service of wooden poles erected onto the distribution and transmission networks in Uganda. The Guidelines were developed to achieve the following purpose:
- Guarantee the service life of wooden poles to a minimum of 20 years after they are erected onto the network,
- Provide a framework for tracking and mapping of wooden poles erected on the network,
- To set the Standards for the Quality of Poles that are procured and used in the Electricity Supply Industry in Uganda,
- Prescribe minimum requirements for service providers that intend to supply wooden poles into the electricity supply industry in Uganda, and
- Improve reliability of power supply.